- Check that you have completed these steps in getting your Student Pass approved.
- Prepare the required original documents ready for your Student Pass collection in Singapore.
- Have your In-Principle Approval printed and ready on hand for your flight.
- If you are new to SIM & Singapore, you may register your interest to be paired with an SIM Buddy at this Form.
- Upon registering your interest, you will receive an email invitation for your Buddy Introductions on Zoom in 1-2 weeks’ time.
- You may then say hi to your Buddy and exchange contact details for easier communication.
- Feel free to ask your Buddy questions about student life in SIM GE and Singapore!
- Ensure your passport has at least six months of validity.
- Ensure you fulfil the Fully Vaccinated/Non-Fully Vaccinated Travellers Checklist.
- Book your flight – check your email for ISO’s flight promotions!
- Book your accommodation – check your email for our recommendation
- Book your arrival Meet & Greet Service with ISO at least 4 working days before your flight. ISO is able to organize a pickup for you from Changi Airport, Woodlands Checkpoint or Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and provide transport to your accommodation.
*This service is provided only for new full-time International Students. Eligible students will receive an invitation from ISO.
- Book your Student Pass Medical Examination in Singapore with us, if you have not completed it in your home country. Book your appointment at this Form.
- Ensure that you are enrolled for your classes on SIMConnect.
- Documents – Make copies of your personal documents to bring along with you, in case you lose the originals. Important documents include your passport, letter of offer from the University, academic transcripts from previous study, important contact numbers, and medical records.
- Medication – If you will continue needing prescription medication in Singapore, you should also obtain a doctor’s note in English detailing your medical history and any prescriptions you may require.
- Clothing – As Singapore has a tropical climate, bringing casual summer outfits and cotton fabric clothes would be a smart decision.
- The standard electrical currently in Singapore is 220-240 volts. Three square pronged power plugs are used. Be sure to bring along an adapter if required!